TRIUND TREK MCLEODGANJ(Camping at Triund Top)
Triund is one of the most attractive tourist places. It is a very popular and perhaps the easiest trek in Himachal Pradesh to go from Delhi and Chandigarh.
Triund is a hilly valley in Kangra district in the state of Himachal Pradesh. Located at the foot of the Dhauladhar ranges, there are two routes to reach Triund, one via Dharamkot and second route via Bhagsu fall.
Triund is considered as one of the crowded trekking sports as it is always in the list of favourites of trekkers but one can experience a true calmness at the top of Triund.
“Life is all about searching for the peace of your soul, exploring the beautiful nature can give you that satisfaction.”
> The trek starts from McLeodganj all the way up to Triund top.
> his foremost place that comes on the top of the list of hikers here is Bhagsufall. It is famous for its refreshing waterfall.
> The lush green mountains around and water falling through it cherishes the beauty of the nature.
> The religious aspect of the place is fulfilled by the Guna Devi Temple.
> Places to visit also includes Naddi point, which is widely famous for the view of Dhauladhar ranges,then Tibetan museum, which visitors love to see with their family, Indraprahar pass trek, Kareri river trek
Height and Altitude of Triund Trek MCLEODGANJ
- The height of Trikund Trek is 2850m
Trek for beginner
- The route for Triund trek from McLeodganj is easy. So, perfect choice for the first time hikers. Best place for occasional travellers, not a risky track.
Triund Trek Distance
- It is around 18km from Daramshala and 9km from McLeodganj.
How to reach base camp
The trek at Triund starts from the base camp, you can reach there by bus or Taxi from Mcleonganj. You can also start the track from McLeodganj, if you enjoy long walks.
Taxi Cost – 400(Per Cab)
Best time to visit Triund Trek
- The perfect time to visit Triund trek is between May-December.
Trek weather Triund Trek
- During day time, temperature goes from 16֯C to 25֯C. And
- During night time, temperature drops from –7֯C -10֯C.
Difficulty level Triund Trek Mcleodganj
1) You should take a guide or an experience person with you, who had done trekking before.
2) If you want to set up camp before trek, there are few guesthouses in the Gallu Devi Temple.
Dharamshala.We also Suggest Some guest Hosue in Mcleodganj
3) If you are a Tea lover, it will be best for you. You will find few tea spots in your way.
Things to carry(Must):
Backpack 30/60 L
- External straps and loops and easy to open compartments access.
- A reusable water bottle/hydration flask – 1.5-2L.
- Nutrient-dense with oats, nuts, seeds, and fruit.
Weather Appropriate Clothing
- Warm and waterproof clothing for winters, wind and waterproof jackets
- Fleece/padded jacket to keep you warm.
- A textured grip with rechargeable batteries.
- Sunscreen, wide-brim hat, and sunglasses.
- Umbrella, opt for waterproof & windproof rain jacket for winters.
- Good grip, flexible sole, good ankle support, snug fit, water-resistance and are easy to wear/remove.
Extra Pair of Clothing
- When the weather changes in the mountains (as it happens every few hours), you can take off or put on layers as required.
- Lightweight – cotton/bamboo/linen/microfiber easy to dry.
Personal Hygiene Kit
- ” Hand sanitizer, biodegradable soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, cotton washcloth,toilet paper, a menstrual cup (if necessary) or feminine hygiene products and a sealable plastic bag to carry them out.”
Mini First Aid Kit
- First aid for emergencies
- Normal kitchen garbage bags to keep the trails you trek beautiful, clean, and free of garbage.
- With a flexible sole and good grip, water-resistant.
Itinerary of Triund Trek Mcleodganj
Day 1- McLeondganj- Triund Top:
Arrival at McLeondganj is a beginning of Triund trek.The very first stop is Bhagsufall. It takes around 6 hours to reach Top.Then Bhagu to the top of the Triund, which is the best part of the trek.At the top, you will cross the forest, meadows, hills andthen the pleasing sunset view is worth watching.Enjoy the bonfire and hot dinner in chilly night.
Overnight stay at the top in a tent.
Day 2- Triund- Mcleondganj:
Wake up with the soothing sunrise and have awesome Breakfast.
Get ready to end the journey here, from Triund to McLeodganj.
> It is best suitable trekking place for the hikers who experiences the busiest week.
> Easiest hiking place of the state.
> The top view of Triund is extremely gorgeous like nowhere else.
> One can have an option to choose route between two, Dharamkot and Bhagsufall.
> Generally, trekkers choose route via Bhagsufall, as it gives the best look of a waterfall.
> It is exhilarating and super trilling trek undoubtedly.
> People who enjoy photography can get their best shots here.
How to reach McLeodganj?
Several state government and private buses(RedBus) are available from various cities like Delhi, Chandigarh, Dharamshala, etc on regular basis.
Gaggal is the nearest airport to reach there. You can also catch your flight from Indira Gandhi International Airport Delhi.
Nearest railway station is Pathankot which is only 90km away. Number of train are also available between Delhi and Jammu to reach McLeodganj. You can select as per your budget and other conveniences.
Checkout More Adventure Activity
amazing Experience of Triund