- 1 Paragliding in Manali Overview
- 2 You are booking for Paragliding in Manali
Paragliding in Manali Overview
Manali’s highlights go beyond the title of a backpacker’s paradise. The place is also an adventure enthusiast’s first love! If the view of the lovely Beas River and Parvati River merging to form one solo river is intoxicating to you then the view from up top would definitely leave you dizzy in delight.
The fabulous views and green vast lands in Manali beckon adventure troopers. With river rafting, ziplining, trekking, and many such adventure sports in Manali, the highlight is paragliding in Manali.
One of the most fantastic things to enjoy in Manali is paragliding. It will be indeed the best experience you can ever have in this beautiful hill station.
For those adventure enthusiasts and travel wanderlust, paragliding here in Manali will provide you with a lifetime experience that you won’t forget ever.
The best part about paragliding here in this hill station is that you will surely love the offbeat side during your flight. Your flight will be so smooth due to the atmospheric conditions that you can enjoy the best of the landscape views from a perfect height. Doing paragliding is a wonderful activity that will help you explore and appreciate the beauty of the mesmerizing valleys of Manali.
Why do Paragliding in Manali?
1. Manali is located at an altitude of about 5,500 feet to about 6,000 feet. Thus due to this, it’s always been considered as the best place to enjoy your paragliding trips.
2. The beautiful hills and the valleys are so mesmerizing. And, paragliding is the best outdoor activity that will provide you with an awesome aerial view of the mountains, valleys, snowflakes, and greenery surrounding this hill station.
3. The air pressure, atmospheric conditions, and weather are so fine here for doing paragliding.
4. This place has so many amazing locations to enjoy paragliding. Solang Valley is the top best location here.
5. In Manali, there are strict rules set by the Himachal Pradesh Tourism Department to make your paragliding safe and full of enjoyment.
6. Here, the paragliding providers are registered with the tourism department which is only provided after various checks. So, getting a registered paragliding operator is so easy here.
7. Hiring professionally certified and eligible pilots are mandatory for paragliding providers. So, you will get an experienced instructor-cum-pilot with your flight.
8. Checking the pilot’s equipment and fitness level is strictly followed here. So, your safety level won’t be compromised.
9. Both beginners and experts are eligible to undertake paragliding in Manali. You don’t require registration or training to do so.
10. And the cost is so pocket-friendly here. Your flight will fit your budget very well.
Best places to do Paragliding in Manali
- Solang Valley
Solang valley is well known to offer a complete taste of this adventure activity. A mere 15km from Manali, Solang valley is favored by most tourists who wish to try their hands on paragliding in Manali.
The magnificent view and lush greenery add to the charm, making it perfect for paragliding in Manali. Soar up in the sky with the help of experienced instructors who will guide you through the activity, as well as its do’s and don’ts.
Duration: 20 minutes
The location provides one of the best paragliding in Manali experiences to look forward to. Considering the conditions prevail right, this place is preferred by individuals who enjoy a longer flight time.
Fatru is a decent option for people who are more experienced and have tried paragliding a few times before, for shorter durations. The spectacular view from the sky is as ravishing as can get and makes the experience worth your while. The experience gives such a great adrenaline rush, making you feel high on self-accomplishment.
Duration: 30 minutes
- Bijli Mahadev
What is known about this place is that it is one of the most famous treks in Manali. What is unknown is that it is even more amazing and awe-inspiring when it comes to paragliding in Manali which is preferred the most.
Located in Kullu Manali which is surrounded by Parvati Valley range and covered with beautiful and colorful flowers which make for a sight to behold, it is a spot framed for Bijli Mahadev.
Duration: 20 to 30 minutes
Another one of the famous spots for paragliding in Manali, Marhi is very popular among tourists, and why not! Offering stunning views of the Dhauladhar Range, Marhi is indeed amazing.
The views you will have while paragliding in Manali here are impressive and unforgettable and you will keep coming back for more. Situated at a height of about 3360 meters, Marhi is what you were looking for.
Duration: 20 minutes
- Dobhi Valley
This place is situated on the bank of the Beas river in Naggar town of Himachal Pradesh. It is located at a height of about 1,800 meters and at a distance of only 20 km from Manali town.
This blissful town is a well-crafted temptress with snow-capped mountains in the backdrop during the winters and a restlessly flowing Beast river. Paragliding in Manali, The beauty here is so enchanting that you will surely love it.
Duration: 15 to 20 minutes.
How to reach Manali to do Paragliding in Manali
- By Air
The nearest airport is at Bhuntar, located approximately 50 kilometers away from Manali. Domestic flights connect Bhuntar with Delhi and Chandigarh. Once at the airport, you can take a pre-paid taxi to Manali. However, owing to weather conditions, flights are not the most reliable option for getting to or out of Manali.
- By Bus
Manali is very well-connected to important tourist destinations like Leh, Shimla, Kullu, Dharamshala, and New Delhi by means of a network of state-run as well as private buses. The bus journey from Delhi to Manali is 550 kilometers, and it is advisable to book your tickets in the air-conditioned Volvo coaches, as the buses are more comfortable than ordinary ones, keeping in mind the long-distance of the journey.
- Road/Self Drive
The drive up to Manali is simply breathtaking! You can catch scenic glimpses of the adjoining mountains and valleys from almost every turn that the twisty uphill road throws you in. Though a lot of tourists prefer a self-drive up to Manali, it is advisable to hire a taxi in case you are not comfortable with driving in mountainous regions.
Tips for Paragliding in Manali
• Make sure to carry appropriate government-issued documents that prove your identities, like your passport or ADHAAR card.
• It is better to keep a local guide and an experienced paraglider who can communicate and assist you as well as can communicate with the local people. It makes it easy for you to communicate with the local people and people of different communities. Also, it assures you have a safer paragliding experience.
• Follow the instructions of the experienced paraglider carefully to have a safe journey.
• Check the equipment provided thoroughly before starting your ride.
• Carry your own sleeping bags, yoga mats, tents, water bottles, etc. you might need if you are planning for a trip of paragliding around several places around Manali.
• Although there are ATMs, the availability of ATMs becomes less frequent as you move away from the city area, so make sure you have enough cash on hand at all times.
• Take your own first aid kit with you and don’t forget to take your regular medicines with you. Keep medicines for the common cold and fever with you all the time as the weather is very different.
• As you are traveling from Mumbai or far away from Manali, take care of the weather. Be sure that it is not rainy.
• Altitude sickness is something that is likely to affect you as you go higher up the mountains—the lack of oxygen and changes in air pressure may cause nausea, dizziness. Make sure you check with your doctor first and go slowly.
Best time for Paragliding in Manali
- SUMMER (March to June)
This is the best season for paragliding here in Manali. It is a good time for doing long and enjoyable flights. It is also to be noted that summer is the only season during which paragliding demands are the most.
If you want to enjoy a good landscape panoramic view of the lush green valleys of Manali, then you must consider summer as the best season to do so. Sometimes heavy wind can create restrictions for paragliding but, that’s very rare during the summers.
- MONSOON (July to mid-September)
The monsoon season gradually starts from the first week of July and lasts till August end. It is the worst time to plan your paragliding activity here in Manali.
There is a temporary ban on paragliding during this particular season due to the occurrence of the highest amount of rainfall and storms. Usually, it remains closed from July to August every year. It is best suggested that you skip the monsoon and plan it in the summer or winter season.
- WINTER (March to June)
The Winter season starts soon after the monsoon has ended. This season gradually starts from mid-September and lasts till February end. If you want to enjoy the mesmerizing view of the snow-covered mountains and the wonderful sight of the surrounding scenic views of Manali, then you must consider winter as the best season to do so.
The presence of clear skies, perfect air current, refreshing weather, and a pleasant atmosphere boosts winter to be the best season for paragliding.
Things to Carry For Paragliding in Manali
Sunglasses with light-colored lenses for great contrast and visibility in shades.
Sunscreen with SPF 15 or higher, reapply after every 2-3hours.
- Warm Jacket
Fleece/padded jacket to keep you warm.
- Water Bottle
A reusable water bottle/hydration flask – 1.5-2L easy to fit in your backpack side pocket.